Orchids Dendrobium, Mokara, Aranda, Aranthera and Anthuriums
Care and Handling – Orchids Dendrobium, Mokara, Aranda, Aranthera and Anthuriums
Please have someone available to receive and process the boxes on the delivery date.
Fresh cut Orchids should be handled as little as possible.
Upon receiving your package, open boxes immediately and put flowers in a cool place. Best storing temperature is 50°-60° Fahrenheit.
Tip: To keep your fresh cut Orchids revitalized and looking their best is water spraying your blooms. Just a few squirts of fresh water can help your blooms look refreshed and gorgeous. Just be careful not to overdo it on the water spraying—too much water will cause the petals and leaves to become heavy and wilt.
Processing your Orchids:
- Maintain blooms in an area with a temperature between 54 and 74 Fahrenheit (12-23 Celsius)
- After removing wrapping sleeve, refresh blooms with a spray of water mist, or you can completely submerge flowers in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes. Then cut 1/4 inch (approximately 1 cm) from stems, put them in a clean vase of warm water, and arrange.
- Arrange your blooms in a vase with a minimum of 6 inches of water.
- Place the blooms in a cool room in a container or vase of your choice.
- To prolong the vase life of your blooms, recut the stems ½ inch, clean the vase and replace its water every three days.
- Never place your orchids where there might be a warm draft, such as, the top of a refrigerator or beside a heating vent. Fresh flowers last longer when they are at room temperature or lower.